How Can You Get Your Book to Sell?
by Tim Healy
Hilary Topper is a blogger, podcaster, and three-time author. With her writing background, she is all too familiar with the difficult facts surrounding the publishing industry: the average book will sell less than 300 copies in its lifetime, you have less than a 1% chance of getting your book even on a retail shelf, and authors cannot rely on their publishers for promotion. Hilary is one of many authors who has taken on promoting her books through book tours. She is here to chat about how she’s marketed her latest book, From Couch Potato to Endurance Athlete, and why you need to take promoting into your own hands.
This week on The Profit Express I sit down with Hilary Topper. We chat about how she designed her book tour, and how she made the jump from blog to book.
Download this week’s episode of The Profit Express to learn more about the ins and outs of book tours, and how she became a hustler on the road to get sponsors.
- 7:30: Why Hilary picked Boca Raton to launch her book tour
- 8:05: Why is a book tour key for authors?
- 10:45: The jump from blogging to books
- 16:40: How do publishers usually promote?
- 18:30: What is Hilary’s book tour design strategy?
- 21:00: Hilary hits the floor selling
- 24:55: How Hilary used social media to fill her tour stops
- 27:35: What Hilary has learned from pitching to sponsors
This week’s episode of The Profit Express is brought to you by Corbett Public Relations,
Promoting and Protecting Businesses and Brands for over 30 years.
Download more episodes of The Profit Express: https://healysolutions.com/podcasts/